Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My brain needs a workout too!

As an end of the year recap, some people listed all of the books they read in 2009 and I thought that was pretty cool. I'm loving my library card, so I've decided to keep track of all the books I read this year. I've never done this before, so I'm curious to see how many I read and what types I tend to go for. I like to think my selection of books is fairly random, but each time I go to the library I do try to pick at least one book that has something to do with Ireland. The book is written by an Irish author, a biography, or a story based in Ireland.

The list is over on the right side of the page, with links to the books in case anyone wants to know more about them. I'm not the fastest reader and I actually don't read during the day (regardless of my current employment status) so don't expect this list to be updated on a daily basis.

Oh, and my favorite book for 2009? Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping tabs on the books is a good idea! I do the 'get an Irish book' thing as well - it's a long, long list!

    ReplyDelete