Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

A repatriating no no

Four months before you move, don't become addicted to a product you can only get in your current country.

Club Orange is the greatest orange soda ever made. It has real bits in it. REAL BITS! Interestingly, it's the first fruit juice soda ever produced and it's been around since just before World War II, then taken off the market due to rationing, and reintroduced in 1945. I don't really have anything to say about it, except that I love it and in two months I won't be able to get it anymore. I'm partial to the diet version, but the regular is nice too. If you ever visit Ireland you should try it.

6 comments:

  1. I just about cry every time I watch The Office and see the barrel of UTZ pretzels on top of the fridge in the breakroom. Oh, how we miss the UTZ preztels from the east coast! I feel your pain. Of course, I could just order some pretzels online, but that seems like a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that around here! Is it strictly Irish? I mean, does it never creep across to us? Is it anything like Orangina? 'Cause that has REAL BITS of orange in it too and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty Irish, so I'm not sure it's in the UK. I never had it before I came here. I haven't had Orangina in a long time, but I do enjoy it. I'm not sure how similar the orange flavor is, but the main difference would be that Club Orange is full on carbonated, not just lightly sparkling like Orangina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Orange Dry? Usually with the mixers here and sold in 1L bottles instead of 2L, but it's real orange soda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure shipping would make it a once in a while treat, but you can get it here it seems...

    http://www.foodireland.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips! Carrie, I don't know what Orange Dry is like, but I'll have to check it out.

    Caryn, thanks for the link! No surprise the Club Diet is sold out. That's the stuff right there!

    ReplyDelete