Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blogging for money

I was looking at a blog today and in the margin there was a link where you could 'Donate' then it listed the options for payment. I totally understand people putting ads on their blogs and reviewing products for various companies. Trust me, I'm all for making money, but just putting a 'Donate' link on your blog seems a bit bold. The writer of this particular blog was not raising money for any sort of charity other than herself. After reading some of her posts I didn't get the impression she was hurting for money. Has anyone ever donated to someone like this?? Am I the only one out there who thinks this is a bit rude??

4 comments:

  1. What was she raising money for? Writing the blog? Um yeah, that's ballsy. I nearly have to pay people to read mine...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. It doesn't seem proper to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm yeah...NO! I appreciate all good bloggers and have no issue with the ones who make money while doing it through ads or product reviews but I refuse to "DONATE" to someone just because she decided to write a blog. If she wants to get paid for writing, she should go work for a magazine!

    Takes all kinds I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never come across that and think it's a bit pushy. LOL would probably make me stop reading her for a while because well I'm petty that way!

    ReplyDelete