Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Unemployment

From the Irish Times:

THE RANKS of the long-term unemployed swelled by almost 25,000 people in the past year, while the overall unemployment rate more than doubled to 12 per cent.

Awesome.

Here is an article about a newly qualified teacher attempting to find work. He talks about a friend who got a temporary post at a school and felt like she won the lottery. When I read the article I felt guilty because it actually made me feel a little better. It was nice to know I'm not the only one!

Please understand why when you ask me how the job search is going and I say it's not, that I'm not holding back! Really!

2 comments:

  1. Way to be Ireland! What perfect timing we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's depressing isn't it? Just have to keep things together and hope it ends - I just keep telling myself I can fly away if it gets really bad but trying to stay! Good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete