Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

"It's not as good as it used to be."

Sadly, this is a phrase you hear in Dublin quite a bit these days. Just before Christmas, the Irish Times announced that our favorite brunch place was closing due to the high rent. Chatting with a friend about this she said that they used to frequent it for lunch as it was close to her office, but in the past few months "it's wasn't as good as it used to be." I offered to take a friend to one of her favorite restaurants for her birthday lunch and she opted to go somewhere else because "it's not as good as it used to be." There's a particular pub we like to go to and if we're eating a meal there I always get the chicken goujons because they made the best ones. The last time I had them they were gross (I made Wes confirm this) and definitely "not as good as they used to be". The one that makes me the most sad ever is when my friend told me she's done treating herself to a scone at Keogh's every Friday because "it's not as good as it used to be". They used to have the best scones in the city centre and I would always recommend it to visitors. Waaaahhhh!!!!

What the heck, Dublin!?? Reduce the rents for these places so they can stop scrimping on quality ingredients and still make a profit! I need to get my scone on!

In rare news, Boojum (the awesome burrito place) has passed on the savings from their suppliers to their customers and reduced the cost of a burrito by 50 cents! It's an Irish miracle!

1 comment:

  1. That's sad to hear about Keoghs. I don't think rent prices are dropping anytime soon. Did you hear that Abercrombie is coming to Grafton St? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete