Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

32 Weeks!

I was in a really good mood today...I mean, really good! Today is my husband's birthday, I was going to go get the stuff to make him dinner, I got to work from home and managed to get some stuff off my plate. I had been thinking about how much I enjoy being pregnant. I like the way my bump looks. Yeah, there are aches and pains and I haven't slept through the night in 7 months, but it's all worth it. If I listen to my body, I'm amazed at how much I'm still capable of doing and I'm proud of myself for that. I mean, I'm not running marathons (as if I ever was before!), but I'm not sitting on the couch completely useless either.

Then I went to the grocery store.
 

It was like the Home Depot all over again. The cashier asked how I was doing. I said fine now that it's cooled off a bit. She asked how much longer I had to go and I said I am due September 1st. She proceeds to tell me how she's sure that it won't be that long, I mean, look how much I'm out there already! She's sure I won't go make it to my due date! FFS!!! She didn't even want me to carry my one grocery bag that had a loaf of bread, two bags of rolls, some meat, and two peppers in it because, you know, 40 years ago her son was born with the cord wrapped around his neck and I should stop lifting anything from now on! For the record, I'm pregnant, not ill or disabled. I just wanted to get out of there so bad that I didn't realize she hadn't scanned the gift card I got Wes for his birthday, so not only did my husband come home to no gift, he came home to a crying, blubbering wife on his birthday. Yes, I know I need to ignore their ignorant comments, but for someone who has battled with their weight their whole life, when people keep telling you how huge you are, it hurts...even when you're SUPPOSED to get bigger.


Not awesome. People need to learn to keep their traps shut. Unless of course they want to tell you how great you look. It's okay if it's a lie. LIES ARE OKAY!


So here's my picture for this week. For the record, I actually like the way I look. :)




I'm sorry I didn't post last week. It seemed like I was tired all the time and I couldn't motivate to even take a picture. I would wake up, look longingly at my bed, go to work, pick Wes up from his driving class, and go to bed. Repeat.We managed to make some progress on the nursery, so hopefully there will be some pictures of that next week.

  • How far along?  32 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I'll be weighed again on Wednesday. I think I'm up about 18 lbs total.
  • Maternity clothes?  Yes, although I can still wear some non-maternity tops, yoga pants, pajamas, and dresses. 
  • Stretch marks? I think I have one forming below my belly button. I can't tell if it's a new one or an old one that's be reactivated!
  • Sleep:  Sketchy at best. I'm up 4 or 5 times a night to pee and/or switch sides.
  • Best moment this week: Sleeping in on Saturday AND Sunday! 
  • Miss Anything? Wearing my wedding rings. 
  • Movement: All the time.
  • Food cravings:  I'm craving orange things - drinks and popsicles mainly. I'm addicted to Edy's Frozen Fruit Bars.
  • Food aversions: Nothing really.
  • Gender: No idea.
  • Labor Signs: None, thank goodness! 
  • Symptoms: Swollen feet are probably the worst symptom I have. The stabbing pains in my crotch aren't nice, but those come and go.
  • Belly Button in or out? In. I don't see it popping out until closer to the end, if at all.
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off. :-(
  • Looking forward to: We have a scan on Wednesday and we'll meet the pediatrician Wednesday evening. This is the last scan we're having to check the position of the baby, but I'm concerned it's too early since I'm only 32 weeks and the baby can still change position. 

8 comments:

  1. :( Sometimes people suck. Yes you look pregnant, but I've seen people look WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more pregnant than that. You definitely need about 8 more weeks of baking before popping that kid out! And you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I know I look pregnant. I'm HAPPY I look pregnant! I've been waiting a long time to look this way! :)

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous. You look exactly how a 7 month pregnant person should look. You don't look huge - you look 7 months pregnant. Jesus, some people need to learn how to differentiate TV and reality. For the record, that lady was a jerk. Nobody should EVER plant the seed of umbilical cord suffocation into the mind of a pregnant woman.

    And Happy Birthday, Wes!!

    I can't WAIT to finally see/meet the Lil One! Just over a month to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't believe it's less than 2 months away. Yikes!

      Delete
  3. The crotch pain is really only the pits when I'm walking to the metro and it strikes. I can't stop and grab my crotch like I want to! I have to keep calm and carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember it was our work xmas 'do' and I was painfully walking the streets of Taunton trying not to clutch away!

    Also, just one thing I tell my pregnant friends... Yes, going late is more likely than going early, but it does happenand has nada to do with your size!! With Jake, I never even got my hospital bag packed (3 wks early)!

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, you look wonderful! I am not sure why pregnancy invites comments from strangers. The worst for me was when was about two months post-delivery with Corey and our very rude orthodontist scolded me for being pregnant again...and I was NOT pregnant. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete