Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Right, so I have to relate a story from the b&b we stayed in on Friday night. Wes wasn't able to move into his new place until Saturday, so we had to stay in a b&b on Friday night. Fine. It was the last room they had available and we'd have to share a bathroom. No problem. So at around 4:30am we hear our neighbors go into the bathroom. We know this because it was right across the hall from our room and it was really noisy when you opened, closed, and locked the door. I ignore it and go back to sleep. Then I start to wake up because now our neighbors are making a lot of noise, using the bathroom a couple of times, slamming drawers in their room, and such. Wes makes a comment about what the heck are they doing, I kind of ignore it (even though it's super loud), then it sounds like something falls and crashes in the room. This startles me and now I'm awake. So we lay there and listen to what's going on and while we (or should I say I) consider Wes going over to say something. I'm a little freaked in case they're drunk and clearly belligerent. It finally stops, but then there's this clicking noise that now is so loud it could be coming from in our room, but it's not. Wes, who has stayed in this hotel earlier this week, informs me this is a timer on the irons provided by the hotel, to keep people from leaving the iron on all day by accident. Eventually the clicking stops and there's silence. I'm relieved and go back to sleep. Then in the morning, Wes wonders out loud, half joking, if it could have been poltergeists. Well, now I'm freaked! I'm glad he didn't suggest this while it was all going on! Those of you who know me well, know that yes, I believe in ghosts. So, with my TAPS training from watching Ghosthunters, I know our role is to debunk the potential haunting, and we rehash the events from the night before. I was convinced the noise was coming from the room towards the foot of our bed. He was convinced it was coming from behind our heads. Our room had two drawers in it, total, and they were desk drawers. Literally, this person would have had to slam their drawers about 20 times, over and over, to get the effect of what we heard. While there were all kinds of slamming and footsteps going on, there was no yelling. We never heard anyone's voice. I have no idea what piece of furniture could have crashed down as hotel furniture is always bolted down. Who irons at 4:30 in the morning and doesn't turn the timer off so the very loud clicking would stop and allow them to go to sleep??? So, I'm intrigued to get a look at the person in the room next to us to see who could have potentially been making all this noise. We were going down to breakfast and this girl happens to open the door at the same time we're leaving. She looks like she's about 28, weighs about 115 pounds soaking wet, and looks like she could have been in town for a wedding or something. Nothing out of the ordinary there! Of course we don't say anything to her and she kind of looks at us, but doesn't say anything to us either. You be the judge, but Wes and I are pretty convinced that hotel is haunted!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
60 Things You Can’t Possibly Know About Me
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Sadly, no car.
2. When was the last time you threw up?
January - About 5 minutes before Wes left Bath for the last time and I wasn't going to see him for a few weeks. He shook my hand goodbye.
3. What’s your favorite word or phrase?
shizz - as in, 'That's the shizz!'
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
Nathan, Travis, and Evan - my nephews! :-)
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Checking 365 blogs
8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Not that I recall, so if I have it didn't leave a very good impression!
9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Turkey Hill Chocolate Marshmallow
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
12. What are you wearing right now?
A black and white skirt, with a pink top.
13. What was the last thing you ate?
Tilapia, parmesan noodles, and asparagus
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
A sports bra
15. When was the last time you ran?
A week ago
16. What’s the last sporting event you watched?
The British Open - it was on today!
17. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Back to Dublin to be with Wes.
19. Ever go camping?
Just got back today from camping with the family! We camped a lot when I was growing up.
20. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet?
Nope, just my lunch.
22. What is your guilty pleasure?
I don't think that anything pleasurable is guilty!
23. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot?
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Only if I'm at a restaurant.
25. What did your last text message say?
Probably 'Love you and I'll let you know when I get there!' or I was commenting on the girl next to me at the airport who was eating a brownie the size and consistancy of a brick. I can't remember which was last.
26. Are you someone’s best friend?
27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Not sure yet.
28. Where is your mom right now?
29. Look to your left, what do you see?
A window and one of my dad's Civil War calendars.
30. What color is your watch?
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
The deadliest of everything lives there. No need for me to visit!
32. Ever ridden on a roller coaster?
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive through?
No car, no drive through - although fast food places in Ireland don't really have drive throughs. In the US I drive through.
35. Do you have any friends on Facebook that you actually hate?
36. Do you have a dog?
No. I'm a cat person.
37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My uncle Jim.
38. Have you met anyone famous?
39. Any plans today?
My next big event will be going to bed.
40. From whom did you get this?
Saw it on Beth's Shenanigans blog.
41. Are you happy?I think so!
42. Where are you right now?
In my parent's office
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
44. Last song listened to?
I can't remember. I was majorly station-surfing in the car today.
45. Last movie you saw?
The Hangover - hilarious!!!
46. Are you allergic to anything?
Not that I'm aware of
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
None of my shoes are my favorite, but I'm very sad that my black sandals are wearing out.
48. Are you jealous of anyone?
People who get to go pick up their paychecks
49. Are you married?
50. Is anyone jealous of you?
I hope not!
51. What time is it?
52. Do any of your friends have children?
53. Do you eat healthy?
I eat healthy meals, it's the in-between stuff that does me in!
54. What do you usually do during the day?
I'm not going to bore you with my usual day.
55. Do you hate anyone right now?
56. Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily?
Yes, but I say 'hiya' a lot too.
57. How many kids do you want when you’re older?
That's a weird question for someone who's 34 to answer. How old is 'older'??
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
60. How did you get one of your scars?Bike accident when I was 5.
Other than that I have been whooping it up American-style: corn on the cob, swimming with friends, and camping with the family. Tonight I made some Noodle-Roni to have with my dinner, which I ate while reading People Magazine, and tomorrow I'll pour my lactose-free hazelnut creamer (it was cheaper than the regular) into my Chock Full O'Nuts coffee.
God bless America.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
My house in Baltimore is available for rent on 1 August. This consumes my thoughts at all times - day and night. So if anyone out there knows anyone else out there who happens to be looking to rent a lovely 3 bedroom house in downtown Baltimore do I have a place for you! Reply to this post, email me, whatever!