Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

26 weeks!

This week I managed to get quite a bit accomplished in the big ticket item category! I ordered the crib which arrived on Friday. Today I ordered the stroller which will be delivered next week sometime. I made an appointment with a pediatrician for next month. Turns out the practice that we already go to has pediatricians and they're highly recommended. Who knew!? I'm still trying to swim at least twice a week. Right now my Aqua Zumba class is on hiatus until mid-June, so I've been doing an aquatic kickboxing class (with modifications) one night, then swimming laps another night. Last week was the first I had done laps since getting pregnant and it was a slooooow go. I went again last night and it was a bit better, but I'm not winning any races. It's okay though, the water feels nice and refreshing. I'd like to do yoga, but there isn't really one near me and the one I do know about isn't great timing with work. Plus, yoga is expensive. Swimming is cheap!

We booked our one and only vacation for the summer! We're going to Mystic, CT for a few days in June, coupling that trip with a visit to see Liz and celebrate Ellen's first birthday. Wes doesn't have much time off work since he just started a couple of months ago, so it will just be a long weekend. I'm looking forward to getting away, I just wish it could be for longer.






  • How far along?  26 weeks. 
  • Total weight gain:  I'm up somewhere between 10 and 15 lbs from the start. I can't really remember what my starting weight was so that's a guesstimate. 
  • Maternity clothes?  Yes, although I can still wear some non-maternity tops, yoga pants, pajamas, and dresses. 
  • Stretch marks? I already had some and so far no new ones have cropped up.
  • Sleep:  Still up a few times at night to hit the bathroom and I'll switch sides when I come back. Occasionally I'll wake up just to switch. I'm not uncomfortable though, it just takes a bit of effort! 
  • Best moment this week: The baby sits quite low, so kicks and movement tend to be at or below my belly button.  It moved up one day this week and was moving and kicking like crazy (more than usual which is a lot!). I had my arm resting on the top of my belly when I was reading and it kicked my arm so hard it scared me! 
  • Miss Anything? Not really anything this week.  
  • Movement: Yes. At my appointment on Monday the doctor asked if the baby was active and I said, 'Oh yeah!'. She just gave me this look like I was in for it. At our 8 week appointment she was listening for the heartbeat and told us the noises we could hear was the baby kicking the side of the uterus. And that's back when it just had leg buds!
  • Food cravings:  Watermelon. I can't stop thinking about it. What makes this so strange is that I really don't like watermelon.
  • Food aversions: I don't have an aversion to it, but I'm avoiding pepperoni. I had one slice of pepperoni pizza and the heartburn was brutal. Which reminds me that I need to buy more Tums.
  • Gender: No idea.
  • Labor Signs: None, thank goodness!
  • Symptoms: Still heartburn. My feet and ankles are swollen a wee bit by the end of the day. 
  • Belly Button in or out? In. I don't see it popping out until closer to the end, if at all.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to:  The pedicure I was headed out to get after I took the picture, some friends are having a pig roast on Sunday, and seeing other friends on Monday (although we're supposed to have a picnic and it's going to be 93 degrees. Might have to go for a plan B).

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!! You look AWESOME!
    I can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete