Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

24 weeks

24 weeks. More than half way. Viability. I finally told my husband that perhaps we should buy some things...I don't know...like a car seat and maybe some furniture?? So today we're going to that huge baby box store to test drive some strollers and get completely overwhelmed with everything that's out there. Should be great! I've started a baby registry and as of last week it had 3 things on it. I made some serious progress on it this week and I think it has like 20 things on it! Woohoo! It's all very overwhelming, so I was happy with that.

I've read lots of these types of posts and I think I'm ready to do my own! Hopefully keeping up with these will make my blogging a bit more regular. Oh, and this picture is a bit of a cheat. It's not really from the side! And look at my one giant arm and one normal arm. I promise my arms are anatomically correct!


  • How far along?  24 weeks. 
  • Total weight gain:  At my last appointment 2 weeks ago I was up 10 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes?  Yes, although I can still wear some non-maternity tops, yoga pants, pajamas, and dresses.
  • Stretch marks? I already had some and so far no new ones have cropped up.
  • Sleep:  Some nights are better than others.
  • Best moment this week: My husband felt the baby move for the first time.
  • Miss Anything? Ordering things with feta cheese in restaurants (since I can't be certain if it's pasteurized or not). And I would absolutely MURDER an Italian sub from the pizza shop. I never realized how much I'd miss lunch meat. 
  • Movement: Lots of kicking. One night it was non-stop.
  • Food cravings: I'm back to craving fresh fruit, even watermelon, and I don't really like watermelon.
  • Food aversions: None really, but I don't get jazzed about cooked vegetables like I used to.
  • Gender: No idea.
  • Labor Signs: None, thank goodness!
  • Symptoms: Heartburn. Some evenings my ankles are a bit swollen. I just noticed my skin is looking very veiny. And one symptom that I never knew about: when I blow my nose in the morning it's bloody. I never realized bloody noses were a pregnancy symptom. Fortunately, it doesn't actually flow out. That would be a nightmare.
  • Belly Button in or out? In. I don't see it popping out until closer to the end.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to:  The cleaning fairly cleaning out the nursery and finally ordering some of these big ticket items. 

1 comment:

  1. Look at you!

    Have you seen this? http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size Your little one is the size of an ear of corn!

    Old wives suggest cocoa butter to prevent stretch marks. ;)

    ReplyDelete