Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ode to the Hot Water Bottle

Dear Hot Water Bottle,

You are the greatest invention of all time. That's right, even better than sliced bread. You keep me warm in the cold winters here in the British Isles. There's nothing better than getting into a bed that you've already warmed up for me. Even my cat loves you. I had to buy a second one for her to use because she was hogging the bottle from me.

This morning you were nice enough to come to my rescue. Yesterday I was doing the laundry and I did something to my back. I popped the ibuprofen, but this morning I was feeling a bit stiff. I asked the husband to make you up and put you under my back. You were like a kiss from an angel! I have to say though, I'm a bit nervous that it's August, I have you tucked under my back, and I'm not overly hot. Does that mean the summer is coming to an end?? I'm not ready to use you on a regular basis just yet.

I love you, Hot Water Bottle.

Love Always,
Kim

3 comments:

  1. oh yeah, summer is definitely over! hot water bottle season has definitely begun. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats a hot water bottle. I've not pulled mine out yet - but it won't be that long before it returns to my nighttime routine!

    ReplyDelete